MURRIETA OPEN FORUM - Get it said, get it read, communications for the community.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Public Transit

Murrieta is desperately in need of a public transit system. It would help to ease at least some of the congestion on Murrieta city streets, but only if people use it. It is hard to tell if people would use it because the RTA commuter link bus service in Murrieta is only picked up 4 times a day between 4:13am and 6:39 in front of Wal-Mart and dropped off between 6:05 and 7:28. There is also a bus that goes to the Oceanside Transit center at similar times. If there is any other local transit systems in place I would like to hear about it.

I recently visited San Francisco. Arguably one of the best public transportation systems in the world. I was surprised at how quickly I started to appreciate life unburdened by a car. There was no place that the buses, trains, and trolleys didn’t go and the longest wait I had was about 10 minutes. Most of the time I didn’t even need to change busses. Can you imagine that kind of public mobility in Murrieta?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google